It is a wonderful time to be a part of the Simpsonwood church family!
As we work towards safely bringing back on-campus events and activities, Simpsonwood is looking to add a new member to our passionate and dedicated staff.
Current Position Opening:
Simpsonwood UMC is looking for a Digital Storyteller/Communicator for our active neighborhood church in Peachtree Corners, GA. This is a part-time (32hrs) position and includes insurance benefits.
General Description of Job
The Digital Storyteller/Communicator partners with senior staff leadership to form and execute strategies to effectively communicate the vision of Simpsonwood United Methodist Church as a means of outreach and engagement with the Peachtree Corners community as well as within the church. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded communications professional with experience in digital and print media asset creation, basic video editing, web design, social media management, and promotions. This position includes participation in the church’s group health insurance plan. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Experience in professional communications with proficiency in graphic creation and video production
- Proficient in programs such as Canva, YouTube, Constant Contact, ProPresenter, Google Workspace, WordPress, Facebook, and Google Analytics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent work experience in related field
- Commitment and devotion to the mission of the United Methodist Church
- Passionate about shaping and sharing the story of Simpsonwood UMC.
- Takes initiative to promote the story of Simpsonwood UMC in the Peachtree Corners community through paid and organic social media engagement.
- Strong storytelling ability across multiple media platforms.
- Ability to write creatively and concisely in a consistent voice across all Simpsonwood UMC platforms.
- Skilled in print media design.
- Strong relational abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coach clergy and staff related to brand consistency.
- Collaborates effectively with staff, church leaders, and volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute measurable strategic communication plans for church services, events, news, and ministries to external and internal audiences.
- Ensure all church communication is consistent with the vision and mission of Simpsonwood UMC and our communications policy.
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Lead in creation and posting of social media images and video during Sunday worship and other church events.
- Invite and equip volunteers to produce creative content for use across ministry areas.
- Oversee all marketing communications including branding, public relations, social media, and digital content in the earned, owned, and paid media realms.
- Work with the tech crew to ensure graphic and elements are ready for worship and events.
- Production of graphic design projects, web graphics, worship graphics ,as well as guidance for consistency of all printed collateral material.
- Develop and manage the annual communications budget.
- Manage and maintain the church website.
- Manage church social media platforms including the Facebook Page and Instagram account.
- Provide support and help to other staff as needed.
- The work week for this position includes Sunday worship and activities
- The church office will be closed December 25-January 2 (except Sundays) and such time will not count as vacation
- Salaries will be reviewed annually. Cost of living and merit raises will be granted where warranted and are dependent upon the annual pledged budget of the church.
- The church will provide the employer’s portion of Social Security and the employee will be issued a W-2 annually
NOTE: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to perform in the position. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the role, specific duties and responsibilities. Nothing in this jobs description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Resumes may be submitted to our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact our Church Office at 770-441-2181.