It is a wonderful time to be a part of the Simpsonwood church family!
As we work towards safely bringing back on-campus events and activities, Simpsonwood is looking to add a new member to our passionate and dedicated staff.
Current Position Opening:
Simpsonwood UMC is looking for a Maintenance Manager for our active neighborhood church in Peachtree Corners, GA. This is a full-time position that includes insurance benefits.
General Description of Job
The Maintenance Manager provides leadership, oversight, and management of all buildings and grounds of Simpsonwood United Methodist church including the Sanctuary, Family Life Center, Administrative Building and Preschool Building, and classroom trailers. Required job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintenance, cleanliness and care, project and vendor management, and security and safety management. The Maintenance Manager works closely with the Church Administrator and the Board of Trustees to ensure that all church facilities are maintained in such a way as to glorify God.
The Maintenance Manager will be required to attend staff meetings and Trustee meetings, as well as regular check-ins with their supervisor.
The following duties are typical for this position. The Maintenance Manager will work with the Church Administrator and Trustees to develop and implement the vision, goals and strategies for maintaining the facilities and grounds with excellence.
- Buildings and Grounds
o Oversee the day-to-day operations of the buildings and grounds which includes maintenance, cleanliness, setup and takedown, etc.
o Regularly inspect facilities and grounds to ensure appropriate maintenance and repairs, prioritizing repairs and renovations.
o Prepare a scheduled plan of preventive maintenance to include but not limited to parking lot, roof, HVAC, plumbing, and safety systems.
o Prepare a plan for renovation and equipment replacement, communicating needs to the Trustee Chair and Church Administrator.
o Perform minor repairs such as plumbing, electrical, painting, and light carpentry on a timely basis, coordinating repairs with contract vendors when the repairs are beyond the skill set of the Maintenance Manager.
o Load, move and setup tables and chairs for events. Move and relocate furniture as requested. Make minor repairs.
o Coordinate with the Preschool Director on building needs.
o Schedule, oversee and evaluate the ongoing work of contractors including but not limited to HVAC, landscape, janitorial, parking lot lighting, mechanical.
o Review and keep service contracts up to date.
o Maintain maintenance records and files.
o Oversee the HVAC scheduling to ensure that rooms scheduled for use are adequately cooled or heated to ensure a comfortable environment.
o In coordination with the custodial staff, monitor and maintain janitorial supplies and work with vendors to ensure best pricing and products. Unload supplies when delivered.
o Let people in the church during non-church hours if necessary. Staff members usually open and close the facility for their own events.
- Security Management
o Work with the Church Administrator to develop goals and strategies for securing the buildings and grounds
o Responsible for security on the SUMC campus
o Manage security equipment maintenance and service
- Project Management
o Create an ongoing project plan for special maintenance needs as they arise.
o Work with staff, volunteers, contractors, and subcontractors throughout projects
o Coordinate with other staff and the Board of Trustees to ensure projects are completed on a timely basis.
o Contact and schedule outside service providers for: electrical, HVAC, lawn care, interior/exterior painting, parking lot sealing and striping, other items as directed by the Church Administrator and Board of Trustees
- Budget Management
o Work with the Church Administrator in the development of the annual facilities budget, monitoring expenses monthly.
o Meet with the Finance Director monthly to review facilities expenses
- Health and Safety Management
o Perform fire and other safety inspections on specified timetables.
o Maintain safety and health codes for the protection of all persons using church facilities.
o Work with and maintain a liaison relationship with Police and Fire Department personnel.
o Perform routine inspections of AEDs, playground equipment (in conjunction with the preschool), first aid kits, and other items as assigned.
o Ensure that hazardous materials are stored and disposed of according to state and federal guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience:
- Critical thinking and problem solving to address issues and prioritize work. Work independently without supervision.
- Communication and negotiation skills – both within the church and with vendors and community. Understand written and oral directions. Maintain effective working relationships with staff and church members.
- General knowledge and experience in HVAC, plumbing, roofing, outdoor lighting, and parking lot maintenance.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, use, repair and maintenance
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches; and electrical and electronic testing devices
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, managing files and records, and other office procedures as needed for building and maintenance records
- Basic computer skills to communicate via email including opening attachments. Experience with Word and Excel software helpful.
- Knowledge of HVAC control systems, security systems, and fire controls.
- Able to make quick decisions, meet deadlines and schedules; work with detailed information; work on multiple projects.
- Able to deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities; maintaining confidentiality.
- This position requires long period of standing and walking, bending and stooping and may require working in extreme heat and cold. You may be required to do light lifting, work on ladders, and/or crawl into tight spaces.
- High school diploma and or GED. Technical schooling or training a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience and responsibility in facility maintenance/ management, preferably in a management role. Experience at a church or non-profit desired.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license with no moving violations within the two five years.
- Live within a 15 mile radius of Simpsonwood United Methodist Church
- The church office will be closed December 25-January 2 (except Sundays) and such time will not count as vacation.
- Salaries for all employees of the church will be set by the Church Council in consultation with the Finance Committee, Staff Parish Relations Committee and the Senior Pastor. Salaries will be reviewed annually and cost of living and merit raises (where warranted) will be granted.
- This position includes benefits as granted to all full-time employees of the church. Those benefits may change from time to time and are not guaranteed. A full list will be provided at the time of an interview.
- The church requires a criminal background check and completion of an I-9 to verify eligibility for employment. Applicant must complete Safe Sanctuary training provided by SUMC and must complete AED/CPR training within 3 months of employment.
Resumes may be submitted to our hiring team at email@example.com. Questions? Contact our Church Office at 770-441-2181.