WELCOME TO OUR NURSERY
Nursery at Simpsonwood United Methodist Church
We welcome children of all ages in worship. It is a delight to see families worshipping together. In each of our buildings. A “cry room” is available for parents who need to care for their small children. Our friendly ushers can direct you to the location.
We provide childcare for children under the age of 3 during our Sunday Morning Experience, including our worship services and Sunday School, during small groups on Wednesday evenings and special events throughout the year. Our fully-staffed and equipped nursery is located in the lower level of Building A, Room 108.
Our complete Nursery Policy is available in the nursery, the church office, and on the forms page (under Resources) on our website .
Children participate in our nursery program until the beginning of the school year during which they turn 3 by Sept. 1. At this point, children will attend the beginning of the church service with their parents until they are dismissed to Kidz Time or attend Sunday school in Room 102 during the Sunday school hour.
- From 9:50-10:50 our toddlers participate in Sunday School lessons (Bible stories, coloring pages, crafts, Bible songs)
Hours of Operation
- Sunday Mornings – our nursery is open from 8:30 am until 12:15 pm
- Wednesday Evenings – our nursery is open from 6:15 pm to 8:15 pm, if needed
- Church Events – The nursery may be available during other church events, on a case by case basis. Check with the church office to confirm which events will have the nursery available.
What to Bring
Every week, please include (please label everything you bring):
- Diaper Bag with at least 2 diapers and wipes
- Bottle or Sippy Cup
- Pacifier with pacifier clips, if needed
- Comfort toy or blanket, if needed
- Complete Change of Clothes
What not to bring:
Our nursery is a nut-free zone. Please do not bring any snack containing nuts.
What to do
- Sign your child in on the check-in form available in the hallway, noting any special instructions.
- No one other than Nursery staff and children are allowed in the Nursery rooms. Please drop off your child and their bag with the nursery staff at the door.
- Children will only be released to their parents or guardians unless prior arrangements have been made with the Lead Teacher. To ensure the safety of our children, no exceptions will be made to this rule. We cannot release your child to his or her sibling.
- Please do not bring sick children into the nursery. We cannot accept children for check-in to the nursery who are visibly ill and we will come get you if we notice symptoms once they are checked in.
We will provide a simple snack of cheerios, animal crackers, goldfish or pretzels to children.